About three weeks ago I downloaded the Nike Training Club App and I have really been enjoying it! I thought I would do a little summary of it to hopefully convince some more people to try out this awesome App!
So far I have tried the following workouts…
- Drill Sergeant
- Ab Burner
- Conditioning Corps
- Flex Machine
- Leaner Legs
- Shoulder Ripper
1. The workouts are very challenging – sometimes I can spend 30-45 minutes in the weight room and leave wondering what I really accomplished. That has never happened when doing a NTC workout. Even during the shorter workouts I work up a really good sweat!
2. You can get a customized workout based on what your goals are – I love the “Get Lean”, “Get Toned”, “Get Strong”, and “Get Focused” options as well as the “Beginner”, “Intermediate”, and “Advanced” levels. I have really strong legs from all the running that I do, but it’s nice to have the beginner options for ANY upper body workouts!
3. Every workout gives you a total body workout – This morning I was doing the arm-definer workout out and it incorporated squats and planks into the exercises. Not only did I feel the burn in my arms – my quads and core muscles were also being worked. I love that!
4. I feel the after effects of every NTC workout I’ve ever done – I have to make sure to leave at least a day in between my NTC workouts because I am always satisfyingly sore afterwards. I love the dull soreness that lingers after each workout. I’ve been sore in muscles that I didn’t even know existed!
5. The “Rewards” are cool – When you complete a certain number of minutes within the NTC app you earn points and along the way you unlock “rewards”. So far I have only unlocked the power smoothies reward. It has recipes for 5 healthy and delicious smoothies. I can’t wait to try the Protein Power smoothie!
- While doing a little more exploration of the app for this post I discovered the BONUS WORKOUTS. The workouts featured here come from professional female athletes. I haven’t had a chance to try any of them yet – but I love that there are so many from my favorite athletes! I am really looking forward to incorporating Kara Goucher’s Pro Running Stretches and Paula Radcliffe’s Marathon Prep Workout into my daily routine!!
Anyone else use Nike Training Club?
Which NTC workouts are your favorite?
I’m trying to find the best ones – there are just sooo many to choose from!
Any other good workouts apps that you love?