I can’t believe that today is the last day of November! Christmas is just 25 days away… how crazy is that? Here is my summary of this past month and a picture of what we will be up to in DECEMBER!
A Look Back @ November 2013
1. One of my favorite things about this past month was our day trip to Malibu. It has been way too long since we had last been back and it was really fun to spend time at our old stomping grounds. I can’t believe that we got to spend four years living there! We will have to make a habit of going back more often because we had such a fun time!
2. This month we started Family Dinner Thursdays. We have Henri’s sister over for dinner and dessert and spend some time catching up. We always have a great time and we always end up chatting late into the night! We’ve also had one of his cousins over and hope that these nights will remain a regular in our schedule!
3. Holiday cups were released this month! I do love the red ones from Starbucks, but Panera’s new holiday cups are just so darn adorable! I’ve re-started my Friday morning bagel and cappuccino routine just for these cups!
4. After a summer that seemed to last forever, it is finally starting to cool off here. Even though the temperature may still break 70 degrees, it usually hovers in the 60’s. My early morning runs are chilly and I’m loving it! It took me awhile to get into the holiday spirit this year because of the heat but now I am loving this chilly, cloudy, and rainy weather we have been having!
5. I know I just posted about Thanksgiving yesterday, but it truly was one of the biggest highlights of November! We had such a fun time running the Turkey Trot with my aunt and cousin.
We also really enjoyed the afternoon that we spent with Henri’s family. Henri’s sister introduced us to a fun new game that we spent hours playing and it was really fun to bond with everyone in that way! I missed my family but we got the chance to chat with them on the phone and we are going to be home in about 3 weeks for Christmas!!!
A Glance Forward @ December 2013
Speaking of Christmas… that is the thing that I am most excited about this month! Not just December 25th but all the preparations, planning, baking, and parties that will happen between now and then!
We’ve already done a little bit of Christmas shopping but I can’t wait to head to the mall again! I try to avoid the big crowds (no Black Friday shopping for us) but I LOVE looking at all the Christmas displays and listening to Christmas music while doing my shopping!
There will be a lot of baking happening in this house over the next three weeks! My family has about 7 or 8 Christmas cookies that HAVE to be baked each year and I intend to make them all! 🙂
I am also running a Santa 5K in a few weeks that I am psyched about! It is a costume recommended race and I badly want to dress as an elf. Any recommendations?? (I need to be able to run fast in the outfit!)
Our tree is up and decorated…
the puppies are in their Christmas outfits…
we’ve started watching Christmas movies, and cocoa has become a regular occurrence. It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
And last but not least: Henri and I will be home in Boston celebrating Christmas and New Year’s with my family! I couldn’t be more excited about that!
What is your favorite memory from the past month?
What are you looking forward to about Christmas?
How many cookies will you be baking this year?