Our Sunday was very lazy so instead of sharing pictures us baking some Christmas cookies and laying around watching T.V. with the pups I thought I’d share one of my new favorite recipes!
CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS!
My good friend and running buddy introduced me to this recipe. The chicken is the easiest thing ever and you can change up the recipe just by switching what kind of salsa you use! Henri gave this meal two thumbs up so I knew that it would be a good one to share!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 jar of salsa
- Brown Rice, cooked
- Tomato, chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Queso Fresco (or your preferred cheese)
- Hot Sauce
- Place chicken and the entire jar of salsa into the crockpot and program the crockpot to cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chicken has finished cooking shred chicken and mix with the remaining salsa juices.
- Add 1/2-1 cup of brown rice to serving plate/bowl and cover with shredded chicken.
- Top rice and chicken with desired toppings (see above for suggestions).
- Enjoy your homemade burrito bowl!!
Recipe Printable: Crockpot Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls