We only have a few more days home with family. 😦 Since I want to maximize quality family time I’m just going to share a quick breakfast recipe with you today. This is is one of my favorite things we eat during the holidays so I hope you like it!
Confetti Egg Strata is is really simple to make and can feed a crowd easily. For the past few years my family has eaten this egg bake on Christmas morning along side the Monkey Bread that we had always had as kids. Strata is a great alternative (or addition) to the usual sweet Christmas breakfasts. The green and red peppers also make it festive!
You can make this the night before and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it the next morning. Perfect for those busy holiday mornings! Sometimes we’ll have this on New Year’s Day morning as well because after making it once you will crave it again and again!
Confetti Egg Strata
from Pampered Chef
- 1 loaf Challah Bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the Challah bread cubes even in the pan.
- Top bread with half of the onions, peppers, and shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients.
- If needed, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake (uncovered) at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
Printable: Confetti Egg Strata