Thank goodness it is Saturday! This first full work week since the holidays has been rough. I definitely prefer the 1-day work weeks of Christmas and New Years, haha. I did bring Laci to the office yesterday though which made my day much better!
This week has been particularly crazy outside of work too – what with the dog bite incident – AND moving into a new apartment this weekend. I know I haven’t really talked about it here but Henri and I are moving into a two bedroom apartment with his best friend. He just got a job at Henri’s company and needed to be closer to the office so we jumped on the opportunity to save a little (actually A LOT) on our rent!
I’m looking forward to our new living arrangement and like the location of our new place much better than where we were but moving is one of my least favorite things to do. Every year in college I had a love-hate relationship with the end of spring semester because it meant both the start of summer AND moving out of the dorms… arg!
Luckily, I had a half day of work yesterday and actually made a pretty big dent in transferring our stuff from old to new apartment. I’m hoping that the rest gets done pretty quickly tomorrow so that we have plenty of time left to get settled before the alarm rings Monday morning and it’s time to go back to work.
Can’t wait to show you guys to the new place!
On a completely different note, I HAVE to share this recipe with you! I’ve been making it for a few months now and it is currently my FAVORITE Sunday breakfast (that’s when we go all out and make something other than oatmeal or eggs and toast)!
If you like Nutella crepes you are going to love this Banana-Nutella Stuffed French Toast! It has very similar flavors but is a lot easier to make and is just as tasty.
Banana-Nutella Stuffed French Toast
Makes 4 stuffed French toasts
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups of milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Copious amounts of Nutella
- Cooking Spray
- Butter and cinnamon sugar for topping
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a wide, shallow dish (I typically use a pie dish), and set aside
- Spread desired amount of Nutella on one side of each slice of bread
- Layer banana slices evenly over 4 of the slices of bread
- Place remaining slices of bread on top to make 4 banana-Nutella sandwiches
- Warm a large skillet or griddle over medium heat
- Once griddle is warm, lightly coat with cooking spray
- One at a time, dip the sandwiches in the egg-milk mixture until bread is moist
- Place sandwiches on the griddle and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until well browned
- Serve immediately – I like mine spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar
Printable Recipe: Banana-Nutella Stuffed French Toast
I am already looking forward to Sunday morning for this French toast. It will be the perfect treat after a busy week and two days of the heavy lifting associated with moving (hey, sometimes you gotta get your weights in where you can)!
My running buddy and I are trying out a new route for our long run this morning – half trail, half BEACH! It’s going to be tough but SO fun!
Have a great Saturday!
When was the last time you moved? Do you hire movers or do it yourself?
We are do it yourselfers but hopefully our next move will require a moving company (we hope to be Boston bound at some point in our life, haha)
What’s your favorite surface to run on – trails, beach, roads?