I am so happy that its Thursday! Only one more day until the weekend and TWO more until my first ever 10K race! I am so nervous but also really excited to see what I can do. I’m treating it more like a workout and my goal is to run somewhere around 40 minutes (6:27 pace).
I’ve been doing a lot of foam rolling and stretching this week to make sure that my legs are nice and fresh on Saturday morning and Laci’s been joining in on the fun most days…
Clearly I had a few knots because now my legs look like this, it hurts so good!
Laci’s also been working on her core stability with my new exercise ball. I couldn’t catch it on camera but she’s pretty good at balancing all on her own!
For breakfast I made this delicious parfait. It was the first time ever that I enjoyed eating plain yogurt – lavender honey and cinnamon will make anything tasty!
While we were moving this past weekend I rediscovered a lot of awesome wedding gifts we have that I haven’t even used yet! One of these things was a quiche pan so I decided that I HAD to make a quiche for dinner sometime this week.
This came out so good that I just had to share the recipe with you. I started with the idea to make broccoli cheddar quiche and ended up adding in some sausage for Henri’s sake! 🙂
This quiche was so good and made the perfect light dinner with a side salad. Enjoy!
Sausage, Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
For the dough
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cubed
- 6 TBSP ice water
For the quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 chicken sausages, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine flour and salt in food processor.
- Sprinkle butter cubes over flour mixture and process until butter is well incorporated.
- Slowly add water while food processor is running.
- Once dough has formed into a loose ball stop processing. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Form dough into a disc with hands and roll out into a large thin layer.
- Place dough into a 9 inch quiche pan.
- Bake crust at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 5 more minutes.
- While crust is baking, whisk eggs, milk, salt, Herbs de Provence, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- When crust has finished baking layer sausage, broccoli & cheese evenly within the crust.
- Slowly pour eggs into crust until the mixture reaches the edge of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the center of the quiche is set.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving (if you can wait)!
Printable: Sausage, Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
When you foam roll what muscles are most tight?
My calves and my IT bands are always awful!
Do you eat plain yogurt? What do you mix in it to make it tasty? (I’m trying to cut down on my sugar intake)