If the late afternoon Tuesday post and lack of a post yesterday didn’t make it clear… I have been struggling with a bit of blogging funk/writers block for the past week or so. Maybe it has something to do with my new sleeping goals – lights out between 9 & 9:30 can cut a lot of time out of your night!
Whatever it is I am determined to crawl out of this funk before it sucks me down for good! So here we are – Friday – the perfect day for a Five Things Friday. I’m excited to be linking up with Clare over at Fitting It All In for the first time. Let’s dive in!
1. I am so psyched for my baby sister. This week she committed to the University of Louisville for track and cross country! I couldn’t be more excited for her and already have some plans in the works to make it out to watch her race! [and now I have my eyes set on the Kentucky Derby Marathon next spring ;)]
2. A few weeks ago I went to Cafe Rio for the first time and I need to go back ASAP. I literally dream about their Barbacoa Salad, and that homemade tortilla… YUM! Maybe I can convince Henri to take me after my long run on Saturday…
3. I did something really exciting the other day… I booked my flights for the BOSTON MARATHON! I catch myself opening the confirmation e-mail from time to time just to soak in the fact that I’m really going home in April! I am really running the Boston Marathon!
4. I’ve been wanting a desk/blogging space for awhile now. We didn’t have the space in our old apartment but now WE DO (seriously one of my favorite things about our new place)! I spent the afternoon on Wednesday setting up my new “work corner” and I am so in love – it even comes complete with a stability ball chair!
My project for the weekend is to fill the remaining cork boards with my 2014 goals in the form of a super cool inspiration board à la Jacqueline!
5. One of my favorite things that Henri and I have started doing is having a weekly dinner with his sister. We started up again last night after the holidays and it was really fun to catch up with her – hear how school is going and learn about her new job. Plus she compliments my cooking so I love having her over 😉
Where did you go to school? Was it a hard decision to make?
I went to Pepperdine, and as soon as I visited the campus no other schools could compete!
Tell me something random from your week!