I was so excited that yesterday was Friday that I totally forgot about my favorite post of the month. I love taking the time to look back on the last few weeks – I feel that it helps me appreciate all the things going on in our life! I also suffer from feeling like our life is pretty boring but when I do these monthly recaps I remember all the fun that we had just in the span of thirty days!
So let’s take a quick look at some favorites from January and the excitement that’s coming in February!
A Look Back @ January 2014
1. This is the first year that I have ever set annual goals for myself and so far I am loving it! There are some goals that I already completed in January (run my first 10K) and others that I haven’t even started… yeah, haven’t even opened my French book once yet. Even so, I love having these short-term goals written down because it gives direction to nearly every part of my day!
2. Of course one of my favorite things this month was my first 10K race! I had such a blast and I truly fell in love with the distance. Henri is always telling me that the 5K and 10K are my races (rather than the marathon) so it was fun to have success at that distance. Plus races that are in the town you live in are just so convenient and fun!
3. In January WE MOVED! Although the process of moving was awful and time consuming we made it through and came out on top! I love our new apartment! It is big, bright, and RIGHT by my favorite network of trails which is great for running! And, we got In N Out in the moving process which is always a plus!
4. While we’re on the topic of food this January was when I finally discovered Cafe Rio! I love Mexican food and people have been telling me about this place for months but I didn’t make it there until now! I can’t imagine why… everything thing is so fresh and authentic and that BARBACOA.
Oh. My. Gosh. Heaven in food form! I will definitely be listening to my freinds’ food suggestions a lot faster in the future. and Cafe Rio will probably be my and Henri’s go-to date night spot for awhile!
5. I hit 272.3 miles (that last .3 is super important) for the month of January! I am really excited about this because if I can keep up that pace then I will definitely be OVER my 2014 goal of 3,000 miles! A lot of these miles have been great runs with friends, a few have been on new trails, and others have been really hard. But I know that every mile I run is helping me get close to my goals which is what keeps me going!
A Glance Forward @ February 2014
Is it bad if the single thing that I am most looking forward to in February is breakfast on the 16th? I hope not! As any female runner I know would do I was researching breakfast spots near my 10 mile race that morning and discovered that there is a SNOOZE really close!
I’ve only had one experience with Snooze in the past and it was in Denver when Henri and I were visiting my sister and brother-in-law but it is one of my all time favorite breakfast spots! Their coffee is spectacular and they have sweet potato pancakes – what’s not to love?!
Now I just hope that my race goes well that morning and my tummy cooperates with all this yumminess afterwards!
So now that I’m hungry from all these food pictures I’m off to make me some lunch! 🙂 Have a great Saturday!
What was one of your favorite things about January?
Anything you’re looking forward to in February?