The weather yesterday was a little bit of a bummer… no laying out and tanning happened but luckily I did have a buddy for my aqua jog.
Aqua jogging is my favorite way to cross train, especially during the summer, and when the weather is nice I do it 2-3 times a week. My legs always feel much more refreshed after aqua jogging and after Sunday’s race I really needed some water time.
If you’ve never tried aqua jogging before here are the some of the benefits to hopefully convince you to try it!
- It viewed as an optimal form of cross training.
- It helps your muscles recover and repair faster after hard workouts.
- It closely mimics the movement of running so you are getting the same nueromuscular training as running without the high impact!
- It is easy on your muscles and joints while the water resistance adds an additional strength element to your workout.
- It is really easy to do and doesn’t require much equipment – just a pool and an aqua jogging belt (which is optional).
- If you aqua jog through an injury you maintain a higher percentage of your fitness than with complete rest or even other forms of cross training.
- It is a great way to cool off from all those hot summer workouts!
Now doesn’t that just make you want to jump in the pool!?
How was the weather where you are for Memorial Day?
What is your favorite way to cross train?
Have you ever tried aqua jogging?