Whew! This week is flying by! Probably because I have a bunch of things to do and most of them still haven’t gotten done, haha. Recently I’ve felt like there is so much going on in my life that hasn’t made it’s way onto the blog – so today I’m linking up with Amanda for some thinking out loud. Let’s catch up!
1. I’m running a 5K this weekend and I can’t wait! The 5K has always been my favorite distance and this particular race is in my hometown so I’ve run it a bunch of times! It’s a great event – there are a bunch of spectators, the volunteers are great, a bunch of my sisters’ friends usually hand out cups at the at the water stops, and a few Red Sox players are always there signing autographs! I’m excited to see what my legs can do in this race and I’m hoping for a big “post-collegiate PR” (sub-18:17 or something like that)!
2. My whole family is going on vacation together next week. Everyone else leaves tomorrow morning, but Henri and I have to work so we’re catching a flight on Saturday afternoon after my race! We’re going to Wyoming, which I realize is super random but we are all really looking forward to the trip! Only my sister and brother-in-law have been there so the rest of us are excited for a new adventure! We are visiting Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons and there is going to be a lot of hiking, biking, kayaking, and even some horseback riding and white water rafting!
3. My and Henri’s anniversary is in FOUR DAYS! I can’t believe that I’ve been married to my best friend for a whole year! We’ll be on vacation for our actual anniversary but we have a fun date planned to celebrate when we get back!
4. Speaking of anniversaries, my sweet grandparents celebrated their 65th anniversary yesterday! They are such a great example of a life-long marriage and the fact that my grandpa still calls my grandma his girlfriend after 65+ years just melts my heart.
5. When Henri and I went to California for my sister-in-law’s graduation I took my camera (Nikon CoolPix P100) and when I tried to turn it on it said that the battery was dead. I had charged it overnight and have tried to charge it ever since but it’s not taking/holding a charge at all. I got it 4 years ago and I think the battery has finally pooped out on me. I kinda want to buy a point and shoot since the one I have now is kinda on the bulky side but Henri thinks I should just buy a new battery for the old one…. decisions, decisions.
6. For the past few months I have been going to physical therapy once a week. Nothing is really wrong but after my weird IT band thing that flared up RIGHT before Boston I decided that it would be a good thing to be proactive so nothing like that happens before Chicago. I absolutely love the girl I am seeing – she is opening my eyes up to so many little things about my running form and muscle imbalances I didn’t even know I had. She has also been doing graston on my shins, calves and IT bands each time and I LOVE it. At some point I am going to write a post about it because it is so beneficial for runners!
7. There are some really REALLY exciting things going on behind the scenes that I can’t share yet, but I’m almost bursting with anticipation! I can’t wait to share with you guys (assuming everything pans out)!
8. Have you seen this article from Runner’s World yet about why our elite runners deserve more praise?? If not you should definitely read it! It drives me crazy when people that love running don’t know anything about the professionals in the sport. These people are doing CRAZY things and are making hardly any money for it (compared to other athletes). Let’s show our elites some love – follow them on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, read about their training, know what events they run, watch their races! Whatever it is get to know them and cheer them on as they attempt to do amazing things for our sport!
Have a great Thursday! 🙂
Is 4 years old for a camera? Should I buy a new one or just replace my battery?
Do you follow elite runners? Who are some of your favorites? I LOVE Kara Goucher, Lauren Fleshman, Meb (MEB!!), Galen Rupp, and Chris Solinsky!