It’s Thinking Out Loud Thursday! I am so thankful for Amanda’s weekly link-up that allows me to unload the long list of random things that have been bouncing around in my head all week. So let’s chat shall we?
1. Ever since we got back from vacation on Saturday I have been extremely tired! My alarm goes off and I hit snooze a million times before getting out of bed. Needless to say that is making my morning runs extra hot and humid, and I have been THIS CLOSE to being late to work every day. Thank goodness today is like a Friday and I have 3 whole days to catch up on sleep!!!!
2. I’ve never been great with social media – especially Facebook and Twitter but I really want to get better at it because I know its a good skill to have as a blogger (go figure)! So while my feeds may have been super boring in the past I promise they’re about to get a whole lot more interesting… Check me out/follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! Oh – and any tips/advice about Twitter would be MUCH appreciated!
3. I am really excited for our 4th of July plans! My friend, Courtney, moved from our hometown to the South Shore a month after I moved back so we haven’t been able to see each other as often as we’d like. 😦 If it doesn’t rain tomorrow [which is looking like a big IF right now with an 80% chance of rain] we’re heading down towards her new town to cheer her in during her 4th of July race. Then we have plans to spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach – but again this is all weather permitting so we’ll see how things pan out. I’m praying for SUNNNN!
4. A few days ago Henri discovered a new way to
play with torture our pups. They won’t stop stealing his socks so every time he catches them with one in their mouth they get a “sock head”. It is pretty hilarious to watch – especially when they help each other escape the sock!5. Speaking of the pups, Laci got a new ‘do over the weekend and wanted to show it off to all of you. She’s loving the new look and especially likes being able to see again. Personally I’m bummed that I forgot to tell the groomer not to trim her eye lashes, but overall I think she looks pretty adorable!
6. Seeing as we’re halfway through the year I figured it was time to check in on the progress I’ve made towards my 2014 Goals so far. I took some time yesterday to go through each goal and post a little update so head on over and check it out! There are definitely some things that I really need to buckle down on – 5 pull ups by the end of the year… we’ll see about that. haha
7. Random – but I saw this sign (the bottom one) in a store last week in Jackson and I thought it was high-larious! I know we’ve laughed all laughed that hard at least once in our lives!8. I have been loving my track workouts recently! After being away from the track for nearly 2 years it feels like I’ve been reunited with an old friend. Yes, track workouts are hard but they are my favorite – far ahead of tempo and fartlek runs! I read this article yesterday that does a really good job of explaining the benefits of track workout and how to do them safely. It’s really worth a read if you are thinking about incorporating track work into your training or if you have questions about what kind of workouts to do on the track!
What is your favorite social media sight? I LOVE Instagram!
Are you supposed to have nice weather for the 4th of July?