Happy Friday friends! I am reallllllly looking forward to the weekend after the crazy busy week I’ve had at work, how about you?
So, a few days ago the sweet Hailey over at Striding Strong nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger Award! I was really excited when she told me because I love these sorts of things. They give me an excuse to share more about myself with you guys and are a fun way to connect with new bloggers! I was extra excited that Hailey nominated me because she is wicked speedy and I love her blog (you should tots go check her out!).
The rules of this award are…
Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Optional: Display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. So without further ado – seven random facts about me…
1. One summer in high school I worked at Coldstone. When I started all of my coworkers told me that I would be sick of ice cream by the end of the summer. Yeah – that never happened. 😉2. I still have the same stuffed animal that I got when my youngest sister was born. He is a golden retriever named Puppy. I think he still looks like a dog but the way I cuddled him over the years squished him so now his ears stick up and a lot of people think he’s a kangaroo. haha
3. In college I spent a semester studying abroad in Florence, Italy. The 4 months that I spent there were some of the best of my life! During that time I visited multiple cities and towns around Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany and even Israel!
4. I LOVE foreign languages. Over the years, I’ve studied Italian, French, Spanish and German. I’m definitely not fluent in any of them but I speak a little bit of each. It’s gotten to the point where I throw random words/phrases from each of them into everyday conversation. Henri and I have gotten so used to this that we forget it’s not normal to mix three languages in one sentence!
5. My favorite sports besides running are baseball and tennis! I love my Red Sox and I am a big fan of all the big tennis players especially Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Victoria Azarenka. It is my dream to go to each of the four tennis majors at some point in my life!
6. The coolest running related place I’ve ever visited is the Olympic track in Munich, Germany. If you don’t know, this is where Steve Prefontaine ran in the Olympics for the first and only time. In the finals of the 5000m he took the lead after a slow first two miles and dragged the rest of the pack along for a fast and tough last mile. Over the course of the last lap he was past by 3 men and ended up just barely missing a medal but he left it all out on the track and that was the way he loved to race!Everytime I watch this race I think about these two quotes from Pre…
Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, ‘I’ve never seen anyone run like that before.’ It’s more than just a race, it’s a style. It’s doing something better than anyone else. It’s being creative.
Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
I think Pre lived up to both of these when he ran that race. No one had ever run like that before and he really made his competitors WORK to beat him – it definitely wasn’t easy. It was so inspiring to visit the stadium where all this happened and to feel so close to an amazing event in running history! (You can watch video of this exciting and historic race here.)
7. My favorite number is 7. It has been ever since I turned 7 on the 7th day of the 7th month in 1997. It’s such a strong love that it actually contributed to my decision to go to Pepperdine! 7 was my coach’s favorite number too and when I went on my recruiting trip he convinced me this was some sort of sign that Pepperdine was the perfect school for me. Turns out it wasn’t a bad way to make my choice. 🙂
And my 5 nominees are…
All of these ladies are amazing athletes, bloggers and all around great people! If you don’t follow them already you should totally check them out because they are pretty darn cool! 🙂
Today is the last day to enter my ProCompression Giveaway! The entries have been rolling in all week so make sure to toss your name into the hat too. Entry closes tonight at 11:59 Eastern Time!
Did you study abroad in college? Where?
What is the coolest running related place you’ve ever been?
What’s your favorite number?