It was cold and rainy around these parts yesterday. Which seems fitting since it was also the day that my baby sister headed off to college. Lots of tears all around. My mom, dad and sister are driving her out and dropping her off for cross country pre-season TOMORROW! It was so sad/exciting waving goodbye to them in the rain.
When its dreary out one of my favorite things to have for dinner is soup, so last night I whipped up a pot of Henri’s favorite soup, albondigas!! I’ve really been trying to step up my cooking in the Mexican food department so that he feels a little more at home here and I think I did a pretty good job last night.Queso fresco and grilled tortillas on the side are a MUST with this meal!
Well today is Thursday and you know what that means… it’s time to link-up with Amanda for some Thinking Out Loud. Today I’m jumping in with my answers to this really fun “things you don’t know about me quiz” that’s been floating around for a few weeks. 😀
25 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Me
3. I’ve always wanted to… be fluent in another language (preferably French or Italian).
4. My family and I… can be so silly when we are all together. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as hard as I have during some of our family dinners!
5. I was a terrible… English student. I am a math/science girl but for some reason in high school I decided to take both AP English Literature and AP English Language (<- peer pressure in it’s most tame form). There was one book that we had to write an essay on and my teacher actually wrote on my paper “Did you even read the book?”. I had read the book… but I guess it just went right over my head. haha
6. My first job was… scooping ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. When I started all my co-workers told me I’d be sick of ice cream by the end of the summer, but that never happened! 😀7. I could probably eat oatmeal/peanut butter/ice cream everyday (and I usually do).
8. I stole… a yellow crayon from my classroom in first grade. lol
9. I was born on the same day as… Michelle Kwan. 🙂
10. My all-time favorite movie is… “Life is Beautiful”. Even though it is about a difficult subject, and doesn’t have the happiest ending Roberto Benigni’s performance was simply amazing!
11. I do a pretty mean… nobody! <- seriously, I did not inherit impersonation genes that the rest of my family seems to have, especially my older sister!
12. I’m still mad… that The Cheesecake Factory took the Thai Chicken Pasta off their menu! Every time we eat there I tell my server how much I miss it so hopefully they’ll bring it back some day!
13. I met my husband… in college. We were both of the cross country/track team and had two classes together my first semester. The rest is history.
14. I always knew I wanted… to run the Boston Marathon! I’ve been wanting to run it ever since I was 9!
15. I’m not afraid to… stand up for myself. I refuse to let people walk all over me so if someone is doing so I always speak up.
16. I make the best… breakfast foods! Pancakes, waffles, french toast… anything breakfast! Probably because it’s my favorite to eat!
17. I have almost no… high heel shoes. Don’t like ’em, hardly ever wear them. 🙂
18. I always cry… at sad stories. It can be a movie, a book, a YouTube video. I hardly ever cry about situations in my own life but is those situations I’m a cry baby. I always bring tissues to the movie theater just in case!
19. I am a marathoner (as in: I have run marathons), but I will always really be a 5K runner.
20. I’ve spent (the last) 12 years… RUNNING! It has been almost exactly 12 years since I started running on a regular basis. Crazy!
21. I wish my folks… so much love and joy as they enter this year of being empty-nesters. I hope that they do all the things that they want to do in their retirement!
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with the Lion King and playing make-believe.
23. I believe if everyone told the truth, the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand… people who chew with their mouth open or make a lot of noise when they eat. It drives me ca-razy!
25. Whenever The Big Bang Theory or Law and Order: SVU is on, I’ll watch it.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!
Answer one or a few of the above “questions”!
Any fun weekend plans that you are looking forward to?